We work in close cooperation with many UN-institutions, international initiatives and institutes from other countries, such as:
- UN-Water und UNEP, in the context of a global water quality database called GEMStat (see section “data”);
- the land and water division of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), in the field of water consumption of agriculture;
- the European and Mediterranean FRIEND water groups, in the field of flow regimes and low-flows (see “Research” section);
- the Centre for Law, Policy and Science (Dundee), and the International Centre for Water Cooperation (Stockholm), on water diplomacy;
- the International Association of Hydrological Sciences, and the International Association of Hydrogeologists;
- the Global Runoff Data Centre (GRDC), and the Global Precipitation Climatology Centre (GPCC);
- the International Commission for the Hydrology of the Rhine basin, and the “Regional cooperation of the Danube countries in the field of hydrology within the framework of the International Hydrological Programme of UNESCO”.