Main research topics
- Variability of total water storage on land at global and basin scale and implications for ocean mass change and sea-level variations
- Influence of human intervention and natural climate variability on total water storage change on land
Scope of duties
- Dissemination of the CO-MICC project
- Since March 2017: PhD candidate at the Institute of Physical Geography of the Goethe University Frankfurt. Topic: “Assessment of global and regional total water storage variations on land and identification of main natural and human drivers in the period 1948-2016”.
- June-August 2020: Research fellow at the Young Scientists Summer Programme of the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis. Topic: “Assessing water storage variability in large exorheic river basins from global hydrological models in the period 1948-2016”.
- 2013-2015: Master of Science in Hydrology and Environmental Risks at the University of Montpellier, France. Master thesis: “Physically-based runoff modelling in headwaters in the Everest valley of Nepal”.
- 2010-2013: Bachelor of Science in Environmental Sciences at the University of Aix-Marseille, France. Bachelor thesis: “Comparative analysis of socio-environmental quality of four Sevillian Plazas”.
- Cáceres, D., Marzeion, B., Malles, J. H., Gutknecht, B. D., Müller Schmied, H. and Döll, P.: Assessing global water mass transfers from continents to oceans over the period 1948–2016, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 24(10), 4831–4851, doi: https://doi.org/10.5194/hess-24-4831-2020, 2020.
- Reinecke, R., Foglia, L., Mehl, S., Trautmann, T., Cáceres, D. and Döll, P.: Challenges in developing a global gradient-based groundwater model (G3M v1.0) for the integration into a global hydrological model, Geoscientific Model Development, 12(6), 2401–2418, doi: https://doi.org/10.5194/gmd-12-2401-2019, 2019.
- Müller Schmied, H., Cáceres, D., Eisner, S., Flörke, M., Herbert, C., Niemann, C., Peiris, T. A., Popat, E., Portmann, F. T., Reinecke, R., Schumacher, M., Shadkam, S., Telteu, C.-E., Trautmann, T., and Döll, P.: The global water resources and use model WaterGAP v2.2d: model description and evaluation, Geoscientific Model Development, 14, 1037–1079, doi: https://doi.org/10.5194/gmd-14-1037-2021, 2021.
Back to "Team"